Our first impact reports shows how together we’re transforming the lives of people in financially vulnerable circumstances
Our overall mission is to change the financial services system so it works for everyone. We know that doing this will transform the lives of millions of people across the country.
A lot’s happened since we received our first funding on Christmas Eve 2019. Our first impact report showcases the difference our collaborative work has already made:
To the organisations we support
- £26m investment projected to increase the availability of affordable credit to £500m by 2025
- Covid-19 grants helped preserve £150m of affordable credit through community finance
To the people they serve
- £29m in interest saved by customers of our investees vs high cost credit
- 77% of No Interest Loan Scheme borrowers who have started regular savings
To the wider financial system
- £16.68 social value generated from every £1 lent by our investee Fair for You
- 40+ key industry players convened to develop an action plan to scale affordable credit
We’re proud of the difference we’ve made so far and feel privileged to be working on this agenda, collaborating with brilliant people across the financial services and social sector equally committed to making a difference.
As we move into the next phase of our work, we’re clear that we cannot change the financial system on our own. We know it will take the combined skills of the whole industry, government and regulators. Our role is as a catalyst and we look forward to continuing to work with all our partners in the fight against financial exclusion.
We’ve worked with the sector to create a shared Financial Inclusion Plan which brings together how everyone’s work contributes to the whole and sets our future work and success measures in that context.
And we’re convening a Financial Inclusion Action Group to steer delivery of the plan, advocate for its contents and highlight the issues that need collective ownership and action from mainstream finance, government, community finance and civil society.
We’d love to hear from anyone who wants to get involved in delivering the Financial Inclusion Plan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Together we can keep making a difference to the lives of millions of people.