With at least 17.5m adults in financially vulnerable circumstances, financial exclusion is a growing problem in the UK.
There’s a growing consensus that long term structural change is needed to create a financial services market that serves everyone. At the same time, there are things we can all do to make a difference right now.
Our latest update includes more on this along with insights and opportunities we hope you’ll find useful, including:
- How banks, commercial lenders and community finance providers can access funding to partner with us on our No Interest Loan Scheme and Consolidation lending pilots
- An update on our plans for a £5m+ Community Finance Resilience Fund
- Highlighting the dangers of a growing credit vacuum for lower income borrowers in our recent research into illegal moneylending in Great Britain
- The difference we’ve made together so far showcased in our first Impact Report
- How a new Financial Inclusion Plan can help the whole sector can work together to tackle financial exclusion