Invitations to tender
Work with us
We currently have three Requests for Proposals open
Research on the financial inclusion of Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities
Fair4All Finance is seeking a provider to conduct research into the financial inclusion of Black, Asian, and minority ethnic communities in the UK.
The objective of this work is to fill current gaps in understanding why certain communities face greater financial inclusion and explore practical short, medium and long term solutions to current inequalities.
We are partnering with Esmée Fairbairn Foundation, NatWest Group and StepChange on this research, which should build on the 2008 Runnymede report on Financial Inclusion and Ethnicity and follow the recommendations for future research outlined by the report.
The outcomes of this research should be to
- Improve understanding of the financial lives of Black, Asian, and minority ethnic communities, including the many factors that contribute to race-based gaps in economic indicators
- Identify and understand formal and informal products and services used by Black, Asian, and minority ethnic communities and the opportunities or challenges they present
- Gain insight into the root causes of financial exclusion of Black, Asian, and minority ethnic communities that come from shortcomings in financial service design
- Inform financial service providers on how to design products and services to be more inclusive of Black, Asian, and minority ethnic communities
We welcome proposals from researchers with a robust methodology to achieve the aims described above.
The total budget for this piece of work is £80,000 (inc VAT). We expect the work to take 8 to 10 months in total.
To respond to this Request for Proposals, please provide a proposal for how you would deliver the required specification for services as outlined by COP 27 July 2021.
Please send any clarification questions you have on this Request for Proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by COP 15 July 2021.
Research on benefit and payroll deduction lending
Fair4All Finance is seeking a provider to research the impact of lending models where repayments are deducted at source from people’s payrolls or benefits.
The research will help us better understand the impact of these lending models on customers and lenders and will establish good practice in their delivery in order to maximise benefits and mitigate any potential risks.
The total budget for this piece of work is £35,000 (inc VAT).
To respond to this Request for Proposals, please provide a proposal for how you would deliver the required specification for services as outlined by COP 13 August 2021.
Please send any clarification questions you have on this Request for Proposals to email@example.com by COP 4 August 2021.
No Interest Loan Scheme proof of concept
Fair4All Finance is teaming up with Toynbee Hall and Fair By Design to deliver a No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) proof of concept in autumn 2021. We are seeking a delivery partner that can implement the proof of concept NILS product quickly, and then work in an agile and collaborative way to test the product, feed back learnings and implement changes to the loan process as required.
- The total budget available (for running costs) is £8,000-£20,000 to cover the lender’s costs for set up, testing, implementation and reporting on up to 100 loans between £100-£2,000 (and an average value of £500). The budget includes VAT, travel and all other expenses, but excludes lending capital and bad debt (see below).
- Lending capital is also available if required via loan agreement from Fair4All Finance and is not included in the above budget figure
- Fair4All Finance is also prepared to cover the resulting bad debt on loans up to an agreed total, to be agreed with the lender based on anticipated default rates and commitment from the lender to rigorous collection processes
To respond to this Request for Proposals, please use the response document here to detail how you would deliver the required specification for services as outlined by 16 August 2021 by 10am.
For organisations that have not already been through Fair4All Finance’s due diligence process as part of the Scale-up or Covid grant programmes, please refer to Appendix 4 in the quote request and download the financial information template to complete here.
Please send any clarification questions you have on this Request for Proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 August 2021.